2009年8月8日土曜日

The Shawshank Redemption (DVD)

Today I bought a movie DVD whose title was The Shawshank Redemption", and watched it.
Japanese title is "ショーシャンクの空に" (translated literally, "To the sky of Shawshank"). Although I don't know why Japanese title was decided in this way, I think that probably it is because the word "redemption" ("贖罪" (Shokuzai) in Japanese) is unfamiliar and a little hard to underdtand for many Japanese.

This movie is Academy Award-winning one, and is also high-esteemed in Japan. For example, many Japanese celebrities says "The Shawshank Redemption is my favorite movie", such as Hikaru Utada (宇多田ヒカル), Hitoshi Matsumoto (松本人志), etc..
Moreover, whenever it comes to a topic of hanky movie in 2ch (the most famous anonymous forum), "To the sky of Shawshank" is always quoted. (Ex1, 2)

Today I watched this movie in Japanese voice over. Tim Robbins (as Andy Dufresne) was dubbed by Hochu Otsuka (大塚芳忠), and Morgan Freeman (as Ellis Boyd "Red" Redding) was dubbed by Masaru Ikeda (池田勝). Both are long-career-experts of voice-over for foreign movies, so their acting impressed me, of course.

By the way, in Japan, most of Japanese movie DVDs are more expensive than foreign movie one. So although I want to buy Japanese masterpiece movie such as Kurosawa or Mizoguchi, I should hesitate to buy them.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿